Friday, January 4, 2013

Coming back soon!!

Hi all, have you missed me?
I have been so wrapped up in the holidays…and then on January 1st Brady and I went gluten free, soy free and for the most part we will try to eat almost completely organic! The rest of the family will be joining us as soon as the gluten products are gone from our pantry. We want to go casein free too…but for now, we love cheese too much! I can use unsweetened coconut milk for cooking…but I will miss having a big glass of ice cold milk. Brady doesn't like milk so he will be OK there. Coconut milk is good…and healthy, but I just can't even imagine drinking a huge glass of it. Adding it to my coffee in the place of cream…yes, but drinking it plain…not so much! Oh…yeah…coffee, well that is one of the things I am just not willing to give up! 
I made this really yummy gluten free mac and cheese. The noodles were from Trader Joe's and they are a brown rice pasta. To tell you the truth if I did not know better…I would not have been able to taste the difference!! I fought going gluten free cuz I LOVE breads and pasta! But looks like I found an awesome substitute for the pasta!! Now, I need to find a good bread recipe! The Udi stuff leaves A LOT to be desired and missed about "real" bread! So as you can probably guess…I have been consumed and immersed in trying to make healthier food choices for our whole family!

Then I got an e mail from one of my CT members who noticed I had not posted on the blog since *gasp* December 14th! She offered to help by doing freebie posts for you guys! This would help me a TON!! So, we are going to give it a try!! Ginger has been an awesome freebie maker for all of you…along with the rest of the team. Now she will be helping me out with the blog!! YEAH!!  

2 comments:

Dee A said...

Such a large change! I would love to do the exact same thing you're doing. Good luck!

Stacey said...

Happy New Year! Glad to know everything is okay! I wish you the best of luck on your new meal plan, we also are trying to eat healthier, but not ready to make that big of a step yet. hopefully in the future! I look forward to yours and Ginger's posts in the future!

Post a Comment